My Curriculum Vitae
- M.S. in Instructional Technology, December 1997 – University of Houston
- B.A. in Computer Information Systems, December 1984 – University of Houston
- A.A.S. in Data Processing, May 1980 – Lee College
- Ph.D. in Metaphysics, October 2003 – American Institute of Holistic Theology
- B.S. in Holistic Child Care, March 2007 – American Institute of Holistic Theology
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Cyber Security Practitioner (NCSP), January 2021
- John Maxwell Leadership Mentor, Coach, Trainer and Speaker, March 2019, The John Maxwell Team
- Certified Education Technology Leader (CETL), July 2013, Consortium of School Networking
- Certified Professional Coach, July 2010, Fowler Wainwright International Institute
- Registered Texas School Business Administrator (RTSBA), April 2000, Texas Association for School Business Officials
- Baldrige Quality Principles and Examiner (National Institute for Standards and Technology), 1993 - NASA Johnson Space Center
HONORS / AWARDS
- International Chief Technology Officer (CTO) Women in Information Technology - Top 10 List, 2019
- Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of the Year Honoree (www.CoSN.org), 2019
- Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of the Year (Texas Grace Hopper Award), 2019
- National Consortium of School Networking (CoSN) VIP Hall of Fame, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Trusted Learning Environment (TLE) Seal award, 2019
- National Consortium of School Networking (CoSN) Volunteer of the Year, 2018
- Texas Association for School Business Officials (TASBO) Commitment to Excellence Award, 2016
- Cypress Fairbanks ISD Hall of Fame, 2014 and 2016
- Texas K-12 CTO Council, Team of the Year, 2015
- Texas Association for School Business Officials (TASBO) Performance Excellence Program Award, 2010
- TASBO Board of Directors (2006-2013) and President (2012)
- Texas K-12 CTO Council, Chief Technology Officer of the Year, 2010
- Malcolm Baldridge Quality Award and George M. Lowe Award (NASA Johnson Space Center), 1993-1994
- Publicity in journals, magazines and in the news, 2015-2018
Director of Strategic Initiatives of the Texas K-12 Chief Technology Officer (CTO) Council (August 2019 - present)
- Design, organize, manage, and facilitate special initiatives and related professional development of the Texas K-12 CTO Council. This is a consulting position working to coordinate with the Leadership Development Committee to design focused content training, and design webinars, videos, online content or face-to-face training.
- Lead Cybersecurity workshops for Texas K-12 CTO Council members. A current emphasis includes supporting the National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST) Cybersecurity Framework (that the Texas Education Agency has adopted), Texas Senate Bill 820 and Texas House Bill 3834.
- Lead focus groups for Texas K-12 CTO Council members that are developing Trusted Learning Environment (TLE) in their school systems. This includes working with school district CTOs to develop practices in the areas of leadership, business, data security, professional development, classroom and the Texas Cybersecurity Framework (TCF). The Trusted Learning Environment (TLE) seal is a mark of distinction for school systems, signaling that they have taken strong and measurable steps to help ensure the privacy of student data.
- Lead study groups for Texas K-12 CTO Council members for those interested in perusing certification in CoSN's Certified Education Technology Leadership (CETL) program.
Project Consultant and Course Facilitator for the Consortium of School Networking (CoSN), (2015-present)
- Serve as an online, virtual CoSN course facilitator for the Certified Education Technology Leader (CETL) program and the Information Technology Project Management (PM) for School System Leaders courses.
- Provide project consulting and coordination for CoSN's Great Minds Series Designed for Large District EdTech Leaders.
- Provide project consulting and professional development for the CoSN - Verizon Innovative Learning Schools (VILS) Sustainability program.
- Serve as a mentor for COSN's CTO Mentoring Academy for Aspiring CTOs.
K-12 Chief Technology Officer (CTO), Independent Consultant (2019-present)
- Transitioned into an independent K-12 CTO role after serving 25 years in public education with full retirement which now presents an opportunity to write, speak and consult at the state and national levels (www.frankiejackson.net).
- Provide consulting services focused on helping Chief Technology Officers (CTOs), aspiring CTOs, technology leaders, education trustees and strategic partners of the academic community build and transform trusted learning environments, technology leaders and teams, and K-12 systems, products, solutions and services.
- Work with Advanced Learning Partners (ALP) to develop instructional content for CoSN's IT Project Management courseware and North Carolina's student-led service desk program.
- Consult with leading K-12 technology strategic partners and solution providers.
Texas Association for School Business Officials (TASBO), (1995-present)
- Develop instructional content for TASBO's Information Technology Management (ITM) strand including: Cybersecurity, Performance Excellence, Student Cloud Privacy Technology Issues, Management Technology Results, Process Management, Technology Planning, Technology Leadership and Workforce Improvement
- Serve as a TASBO instructor and mentor.
Cypress Fairbanks Independent School District, Houston Texas (2013-2018)
- As the assistant superintendent and Chief Technology Officer of the 22nd largest K-12 school district in the nation, led a team of 150+ technology professionals in all facets of education technology systems and services while transforming a $1.2 billion dollar school system upgrade and building the largest, nationally recognized SMART networking in the nation.
Goose Creek Consolidated Independent School District, Baytown Texas (1994-2013)
- Served as the Chief Technology Officer for 19 years bringing a team of 80+ technology professionals from a level 1 to a level 5, based on the Malcolm Baldrige education criteria earning the highest team award in the state of Texas in 2011. Also, successfully led five (5) technology bonds valued at 500+ million dollars, all under budget and ahead of schedule.
EPIC Interactive Technologies, Webster Texas (1997-2005)
- Vice President of a startup company focused on web-based, process, performance management software with a team of 10+ information technology developers. Experienced the initial public offering (IPO) expansion and went public with shareholders and professional investors.
Unisys, Space Transportation Shuttle and Station Operations at NASA, Houston TX (1986-1994)
- Software engineer, supervisor, director then program manager for the Safety, Reliability, Management and Quality Assurance contract at NASA’s Johnson Space Center supporting the mission operations of the space shuttle and operations contracts.
McDonnell Douglas, Space Shuttle Operations at NASA (1984-1986)
- Software engineer developing management information systems software for astronauts supporting the mission operations director of the space shuttle contract.
A21 – Abolish Human Trafficking in the 21st Century (October 2016 – present)
- Serve on the Board of Trustees for the Baytown chapter, a nonprofit organization, fueled by the hope that everyone everywhere will be free and restored from human trafficking.
Bay Area Homeless Shelter (September 2013 – present)
- Serve on the Board of Trustees, providing homeless shelter services for low-income clients in the Houston areas. Volunteer to oversee the staff and shelter technology operations. Serve as the chair of the Technology Committee and the liaison to the Bay Area Homeless Shelter Junior Board.
Beta Sigma Phi (September 2007 - present)
- As a charter member of the Beta Lambda Kappa chapter of the Beta Sigma Phi international women's sorority, serve in many leadership positions, including president in 2007-2008 and 2019-2020.
MEMBERSHIPS / AFFILIATIONS
Texas Association for School Business Officials (1995-present)
- Information Technology Management certification instructor and mentor (1995-present)
- Vice-Chair of Professional Certification (2016-present)
- Information Technology Management committee leader (2003-2006 and 2018-present)
- Information Technology Management instructional content developer and subject area content expert (2003-present)
Association for School Business Officials (2017-present)
- Information Technology subject area content expert
Texas K-12 CTO Council, 2008-present
- Board of Director for large district representative and membership (2017-2019)
- Leadership Advisory and Development Chair (2017-2019)
- Mentorship Development and Program Chair (2017-2019)
- Trusted Learning Environment (TLE) Focus Group Leader (2016-present)
- Cybersecurity Leader and Workshop Facilitator (2020-present)
- Certified Education Technology Leader (CETL) Focus Group Leader (2018-present)
- Council Chair (2014-2016)
Consortium of School Networking (2008-present)
- Certified Education Technology Leader (CETL) facilitator, mentor and ambassador (2015-present)
- Project Management instructor and content developer (2019-present)
- Driving K-12 Technology Innovation Advisory Board (2019-present)
- Policy Committee (2016-present)
- Advocacy Committee (2015-present)
- SMART Education Network by Design (SEND) Advisor (2015-2018)
American Productivity and Quality Center (APQC), (1997-present)
- Mentored by Jack Grayson, CEO and founder of the APQC. Supported Dr. Grayson in the alignment of the APQC and the Malcolm Baldrige Education quality criteria in defining the APQC Education Process Classification Framework. Presented with Dr. Grayson at the Washington D.C. Press Club and with the APQC on other occasions, proposing to bring greater effectiveness and efficiencies in K-12.
Baldrige Quality and Performance Excellence (NIST), (1986-present)
- Through rigorous quality and performance excellence training using the Malcolm Baldrige National Institute for Standards and Technology, served as a Baldrige quality examiner while supporting NASA at the Johnson Space Center. Leading Unisys Space Transportation and Station Operations to a finalist (top 5 in the nation) and winning the George M. Low award in 1993, practiced the Baldrige performance excellence principles over a 25-year period serving in K-12 education technology leadership.
- I am passionate about working on technology leadership projects that shape school system transformation and strategies to provoke significant change and action in the K-12 education community. I help Chief Technology Officers (CTOs), aspiring CTOs, technology leaders, education trustees and strategic partners of the academic community build and transform trusted learning environments, technology leaders and teams, and K-12 systems and services.
Unique Value Proposition
- My unique value proposition in the K-12 industry is technical and leadership expertise combined with performance excellence frameworks including quality management Baldrige education and service categories, the skills of CoSN’s CETL program, ITIL service management, the methodologies from best practices of the APQC and the information technology elements of ASBO and TASBO. As a John Maxwell certified coach and mentor, she offers a distinctive blend of soft skills which is often needed in the field of technology. As a lifelong learner, I am currently working on the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Cybersecurity Practitioner certification.
- Gallup Clifton Strengths: StrengthFinder Results from September 2020.
Writing in two categories:
- Transformational leadership, technology leadership, education improvement, and process, performance leadership.
- Family relationships, specifically mother-daughter relationships, inspired by transformational, leadership, and motivational topics for my daughters.
Self-published two books:
- Motivating Messages of Mothers of Teenage Daughters, 2005
- Ease Your Mother’s Heart, 2008. Currently republishing under a new title, What REALLY Makes Mothers Happy.
Other interests include reading, video editing, taking care of elderly family members, running, personal fitness, spending time with husband of 35 years, three daughters (Kendall 33, Kevyn 30 and Karsyn 27), granddaughter (Dahl 3) and two grandsons (Dex 10 months and Kirk 4 months).Information Technology Management certification instructor and mentor (1995-present)